Bought it on Drive Thru RPG and had it printed because it's the best looking RPG book ever.
A downloadable game
The DERELICT is a great big beautiful trash rocket smashing through space and it is jam-packed with ORCS, generations upon generations of them, sporing and scrapping, building murderous idols to their mad gods, and praying for DOOM when the Derelict will crash into heaven and disgorge every dead-hard big-toothed bastard in a glorious tide of violence.
YOU are an ORC, and you fight and kill and pray and scheme and tinker and howl for a place in heaven.
ORC BORG is a zine-length standalone RPG with beautiful, brutal art on every page. ORC BORG is a collaboration between Grant Howitt (Spire, Heart, Honey Heist, Goblin Quest) and ROLLINKUNZ (Fragnarok, The Dungenerator, Goblinfinite). It's powered by the MÖRK BORG engine - so it's fast, cruel, and obsessed with the apocalypse.
In it you'll find, amongst other things:
- Everything you need to make an obsessive weirdo desperately trying to accelerate the apocalypse
- New guns, powered and unpowered melee weapons, and lots of miscellaneous bits and pieces to steal from anyone foolish enough to leave them unguarded on account of being dead
- Rules for piloting, fighting and stealing legendary Big Robots such as BANG TEN THOUSAND, MASSIVE PROBLEM, and RUST BITCH
- Cybernetic limb replacement rules and a unique orc cyborg class called, ingeniously, the ORCBORG
- Guidance for jamming existing dungeon maps into the Derelict to avoid doing any actual prep work
- Two new kinds of Power: distilled Technowizardry (Summon a monorail car! 3D-print your dinner!) and yell-powered Orc Prayers (Make guns much louder, and therefore much deadlier! Get twice as big!)
You'll also be able to roll up new orcs on the fly with GENERATORC, a free web-based character generator:
I WANT THE PHYSICAL ZINE
You can also grab the gorgeous Risograph-printed physical version directly from Rowan, Rook & Decard:
It comes with the digital version included, and it's even bigger and louder than a screen can contain!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
While Orc Borg does not require tactical miniature combat, that is the way my group will be playing it (might plugin Forbidden Psalm like rules). Anyone else wishing to do so, I found the perfect set of 15mm space orc minis (30 for only $14.99) on etsy.
WAAAGH!! This game rocks :)
If you got friends who love playing the Big Dumb Strongguy, this has got to be one of the BEST games for those people.